Preloader Close

Parents/Grandparents Super Visa


Parents/Grandparents Super Visa


The Canadian Government is making it a priority to facilitate the process of uniting families. This class of visa allows for Canadian citizens or permanent residents (PR) to be guarantors for your parents or grandparents so they can visit Canada, or stay for extended periods up to 2 years at a time.



To be eligible for a super visa, you must:

Be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada

     •  Have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:

     •  A promise of financial support for the length of your visit

     •   The list and number of people in the household of this person

     •  A copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document

     •  Have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:

     •  Valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry

     •  At least $100,000 coverage

     •  Have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted)

You must also:

     •  Apply for a super visa from outside Canada

     •  Be allowed to enter Canada

     •  Take an immigration medical exam

     •  Meet certain other conditions

You can’t include dependants in this application.


Financial support (proof of funds)


The child or grandchild who invites you must prove that their household meets the minimum necessary income. The following documents are examples of what can be used as proof of funds:

     •  Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year

     •  Employment Insurance stubs

     •  Employment letter including salary and date of hiring

     •  Pay stubs

     •  Bank statements

Open chat