Preloader Close

Family Immigration

Family Immigration

Reunite and Settle with your Family in Canada 


The Government of Canada holds family unification as a priority. There are several programs that will help support you as you reunite with your family.

If you are a Canadian permanent resident or citizen with a family member who wants to immigrate to Canada, you may be able to help them become a permanent resident. Family reunification remains one of the pillars of the Canadian immigration system.


As a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident you have a right to sponsor family members. There are many options available in this category.

1.      Spouse, partner or dependent children

You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children to become permanent residents of Canada if you are willing to support them financially on your own and do not require social assistance from the government. 

2.       Parents and Grandparents (PR)

You can sponsor your parents or grandparents if you meet the requirements of being a sponsor, submit the interest to sponsor form and invited to submit a complete. You are required to support them and their dependents financially ensure they do not resort to social assistance from the government. In addition, you can also support their Super Visa application. 

3.       Parents and Grandparents (Super Visa)

Super Visa Program allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to  come to Canada on extended multi-entry visas. The duration of the visa could could last up to a total of 10 years and parents/grandparents can be allowed to stay for up to 2 years during each visit

4.       Dependent Children

Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor their dependent children abroad under the dependent child sponsorship program provided both sponsor and sponsored child meet the eligibility requirements as set out by the Government of Canada

5.       Other relatives

Some Canadian provinces offer immigration options for relatives of Canadian citizens and permanent residence residing in those provinces

Contact AIS Immigration Consulting to determine which options you qualify in for you and your family members.

Open chat